One of my favorite new summer salads to quickly make. And the quantities are forgiving. Add more Cole slaw if you like. Or more jalapeño!! For sure prepare it just before serving.
This is another Half Baked Harvest recipe, one of the best food bloggers out there. Tieghan serves this with Hawaiian Hula Pork Fajitas. The link to the recipes for the pork, Coconut Rice and the Pineapple Slaw is here https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/hawaiian-hula-pork-fajitas-pineapple-slaw-coconut-rice/
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl whisk together yogurt, rice vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage, green onion, cilantro, pineapple and jalapeño
- Toss well and cover in frig till ready to serve. Don’t let it sit more than 2 hours for best presentation and crunchiness!
This is exactly Tieghan’s recipe except I doubled it. If you like salads saucey you can make more marinade. Omit the cilantro for those who have a sensitivity to it. Substitute parsley if you like
Thank you Half Baked Harvest!