Purple, green, red, orange, and white make a colorful alternative to the typical white cole slaw! The Whole30 Cookbook is my source! I used an organic apple cider from Aldi’s that has the “Mother” in it. It’s a milder flavor.
I added more red pepper, carrot, apple and almonds here than the Whole30 recipe described.
Here is the colorful display. All the kale needed is not pictured here
1/2 head red cabbage, sliced thin and cut in 2 inch lengths
1/2 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed, leaves sliced in thin ribbons
1 bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded or matchstick sliced carrot
1 large apple, julienned
1-4 oz package or 1/2 cup slivered almonds
For the Vinaigrette:
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 large clove garlic, minced with 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl combine ingredients for the slaw
- In a small bowl or jar whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss well
- Add more salt, pepper or vinegar to your taste!
- Serve right away. The slaw keeps in the frig a couple days