This is another of my Paul Prudhomme’s Cajun recipes that’s best served with Dirty Rice and Gingersnap Gravy. See my Recipes list for links to these.
If you look at his cookbook, Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Louisiana Kitchen, this recipe is called Boneless Half Chicken. Each serving is one boneless chicken thigh and drumstick wrapped around a boneless chicken breast and tucked in an oval shape. The skin is left on both the breast and leg. My recipe serving size is one or two chicken thighs. The Dirty Rice is very meaty, so if it’s served with this chicken, I think one thigh is plenty!
- Combine this seasoning mix in a small bowl:
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Remove fat, rinse and dry well:
10-12 pieces of skinless boneless chicken thighs
- Sprinkle and rub seasoning on both sides of chicken as evenly as you can
- Form each piece into a rounded oval by turning the two thin sides under
- Place in a baking pan
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake chicken 20 minutes and test internal temperature with an instant read thermometer. Increase baking time if needed. When it reaches 165 degrees, remove from the oven
- Serve immediately, with or without the Dirty Rice and Gingersnap Gravy