Here’s what you need, plus vanilla ice cream😉
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt:
1 stick butter
- Whisk in:
1 cup packed dark brown sugar (7 ounces)
- Stir in:
Lemon zest from 1 large lemon
2 cinnamon sticks
- Simmer 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Make sure the heat is not too high or the butter and sugar will separate and won’t form a sauce.
4 bananas peeled, cut in half crosswise and lengthwise.
- Spoon some sauce over the bananas and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned and glistening on the bottom. Flip bananas over and cook another 1 minute until soft on the outside, but not mushy. Bananas should keep their shape and not break or fall apart.
- Remove pan from heat and Add:
1 cup dark rum
- Tilt the pan to distribute the rum and allow to heat up a few seconds.
- Ignite rum with a match.
- Swirl and shake the pan to distribute the flame.
- Allow the flame to subside (about 15-30 seconds)
- Divide the bananas onto 8 serving dishes
1 scoop ice cream to each dish
- Pour sauce over ice cream and bananas
- Serve with spoons