Our dinner party of 8 divided this dessert into 8 portions. Not a lick was leftover!
Thank you to Rose Thill for discovering this recipe and to Nadine Kanuch for preparing it so exquisitely!
1/2 cup unsalted roasted shelled pistachios
8 ounces strawberries, hulled (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
3 large egg yolks, room temperature
1 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a 5-by-9 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 2 inch overhang on all sides.
- Pulse pistachios in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Place strawberries and 3 tablespoons sugar in the processor
- Puree until smooth and transfer to a fine sieve set over a bowl. Stir puree, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
- In a medium bowl set over a pot of simmering water combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Beat on high until pale yellow and tripled in volume, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer bowl to a larger bowl of ice water. Stir until mixture is very thick and cool, about 3 minutes.
- In another large bowl beat together cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Whisk 1/3 of whipped cream into egg mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Then fold egg mixture into remaining whipped cream with a rubber spatula just until thoroughly blended.
- Pour 1/2 of the cream mixture into strawberry puree. Gently fold together until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour strawberry cream mixture into the prepared loaf pan; smooth top.
- Fold pistachios into remaining cream mixture. Pour evenly over strawberry cream; smooth top.
- Fold plastic wrap over surface and freeze at least 12 hours.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve. Invert pan onto a cutting board. Unmold semifreddo, remove plastic, and cut crosswise into 3/4 inch thick slices. Voila!
Hi, Jill and I made this recipe and not a bite left over. Just like u said. Jan
We all love Martha Stewart! She is a food icon!
I made this dessert for our dinner club last year and had the same reaction. The picture in Martha Stewart living was so seductive I had to try it. It’s one of those recipes that hits on all aspects-visual and taste!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo!
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
what a nice thing to say!!!! Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 16:09:58 +0000 To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi! Your semifreddo recipe was nominated as one of the “Best 300 Semifreddo Recipes on the Net”. To vote for it, please visit http://easyitalianrecipes.org/dessert-recipes/best-300-italian-semifreddo-recipes-on-the-net-vote-for-your-favorite/ – your recipe is positioned at #168 (random order).