The New York Times has given me so many inspirational recipes and this is one of them! Quick and easy. I doubled the recipe to make leftovers for my kids to take to their homes. Making easy recipes my family likes encourages them to try something new too!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 2 cloves minced garlic or more
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or more
- 1/2 teaspoon or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or more
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large lemon, ZEST AND JUICE
1. In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients except lemon juice and chicken.
2. Add chicken and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 3-24 hours
3. Remove from frig 30 minutes before grilling
4. Clean grill grates and coat them with a bit of oil. Grill on high to medium high heat until done or reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 6-8 minutes per side.
5. Place chicken on a serving platter. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper and pour lemon juice over all. Add chopped parsley and lemon wedges if you like