Ohthatstasty.com posted this recipe on Pinterest. It’s delish, practically no carbs and low cal if you eat only one serving! Making small shooters or 1/2 cup size containers is what keeps the calories down. I also use Greek cream cheese and yogurt instead of cream cheese. It has more of a tang and fewer calories and fat.
I slightly changed the recipe by adding more lime juice, less Splenda, and no vanilla.I also omitted the food coloring. The lime zest and juice add a hint of green that reminds me of Florida and their Key Lime Pies!
I have a Ninja food chopper which pulverizes the pecans! No added butter needed for this crust. A few seconds in the Ninja and its smaller vessel and your crust is ready to be layered in your serving containers. Use a larger amount of pecans if you’d like more crust
- Finely chop 1/2 to 3/4 cup pecans
- Distribute evenly into 6-8 small 1/2 cup size containers such as 4 oz canning jars or punch cups
- Tap down the pecans to form a crust with the bottom of a spice jar or something similar in size
- In a medium bowl beat together until smooth and creamy:
8 oz Greek cream cheese and yogurt
Zest of 1 lime (reserve 1-2 short strips of rind to garnish the final topping)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (this may take 2 limes)
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fold into the cream cheese mixture 1/3 of the whipped cream
- Spoon this over the pecan crust and spread evenly with the back of a teaspoon
- Take the remaining whipped cream and spoon over the cream cheese mix. Spread evenly with a teaspoon
- Slice the reserved strips of rind into 6-8 thin pieces
- Layer on top of your cheesecakes
- Voila! Refrigerate until ready to eat!