Rapini Marinade Salad
1 bunch Rapini/Broccoli Rabe
4 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1-2 Tablespoons thick aged balsamic vinegar
Sheeps milk cheese, shavings, optional
Crusty bread, optional
- Prepare a large container of ice and water and set aside.
- Cut off any discolored stem ends and wash rapini in water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop rapini in.
- Keep rapini in the hot water for 1 minute (blanch). Drain immediately and place rappini in ice water bath. Rapini should be crisp tender and bright green color.
- After rapini is chilled, drain well and wrap in paper towels to soak up extra water.
- Place in a container and toss in garlic. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Toss, cover and refrigerate.
- May be served as long stalks or cut into 2 inch pieces. Serve cold or room temperature
- Also may be served on a slice of toasted crusty bread. Drizzle balsamic. Top with large shavings of sheeps milk cheese.