1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
One baguette, sliced on the bias
2 tablespoons thick, aged balsamic vinegar
4 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
¼ cup fresh basil, julienne cut
- In a small bowl combine strawberries, sugar and salt. Marinate at least one hour.
- Lightly toast bread slices under the broiler
- Spread a thin layer of softened goat cheese over bread.
- Spoon strawberry mixture over goat cheese.
- Drizzle balsamic over berries
- Layer basil over berries
- Sprinkle pepper on top
- Serves 6 as a tapas alone or with Rapini with Balsamic