I found this recipe at MyRecipes.com. It’s really Delish! I added a sprinkling of flaked sea salt just before baking the brownies. Love that sweet chocolate and salty flavor.
If you’re looking for a recipe to make with young children, this works well!
These chocolate brownies have a true chocolate flavor and are a quick easy sweet fix! I made 1 1/2 recipes because I only had a 7×11 inch glass baking pan which is slightly larger than the 8×8 inch dish used in this recipe. If you want to make a 9×13 pan I would double the recipe.
It’s a forgiving recipe. Just don’t over bake them. Brownies firm up and harden as they cool. They will be very moist when they’re done.
When making larger recipes add on 2 minutes of cooking time and then check them every 15 seconds. Add on more time as needed
1/4 pound/1 stick butter, cut into 8 pieces
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
Flaked sea salt
- Spray an 8×8 inch glass baking pan with oil
- In a medium microwaveable bowl combine butter and cocoa powder.
- Microwave on high until butter is melted. About 30-90 seconds
- Remove bowl from microwave
- Whisk in sugar. Cool slightly
- Mix in eggs and vanilla
- Mix in flour just until combined
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth out evenly
- Sprinkle top with flaked sea salt
- Microwave on high 4-7 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave
- Check after 4 minutes for doneness and every 15 seconds after that
- Don’t over bake
- Cool and cut into 8 squares