This is a recipe I found at The Mediterranean Dish! It’s similar to pumpkin or squash soup, but for those who don’t like pumpkin or squash, it’s super! Very easy with a food processor or stick blender.
Roasted carrots get a caramelized glow
- On a large baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil. Then place 4 pounds peeled whole carrots and drizzle with more olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast at 425 degrees. Turn the carrots after 20 minutes. Bake another 20-30 minutes or until carrots are browning and fork tender.
- Cut into 1/3s and place in the food processor, scraping the oil from the baking sheet
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 cups warm chicken, turkey or vegetable stock
- Puree until silky smooth
- Scrape into a medium saucepan
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2-3 cups stock
- Whisk together and bring to a simmer
- Add slowly
1-2 cups half and half
- I give the range of stock and half and half. If you want a stronger carrot flavor add less liquid.
- This makes about 8 cups.
Isn’t it pretty in my Ball canning jars! I love to store food in these containers.