This is a recipe I found at The Mediterranean Dish! It’s similar to pumpkin or squash soup, but for those who don’t like pumpkin or squash, it’s super! Very easy with a food processor or stick blender.
Roasted carrots get a caramelized glow
Puree the carrots with grated ginger and minced garlic, adding some of the stock.
Pureed mix is quite thick at this point
Ground coriander and allspice ready to be added to the pot
The puree is poured into a cooking pot. Then more stock is added with the allspice, coriander and finally the half and half.
A bit of chopped parsley or mint is layered on the bowl of soup. Voila!
- On a large baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil. Then place 4 pounds peeled whole carrots and drizzle with more olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast at 425 degrees. Turn the carrots after 20 minutes. Bake another 20-30 minutes or until carrots are browning and fork tender.
- Cut into 1/3s and place in the food processor, scraping the oil from the baking sheet
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 cups warm chicken, turkey or vegetable stock
- Puree until silky smooth
- Scrape into a medium saucepan
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2-3 cups stock
- Whisk together and bring to a simmer
- Add slowly
1-2 cups half and half
- I give the range of stock and half and half. If you want a stronger carrot flavor add less liquid.
- This makes about 8 cups.
Isn’t it pretty in my Ball canning jars! I love to store food in these containers.
We were just talking about carrot soup and no one had a recipe
We’ll…I do now…thanks
What did you think? We ate it up this weekend!
Looks great Nina. Happy Thanksgiviing
Thank you Rose! We had a wonderful time! Family and food to the rim!
Superb site. A lot of LLL Health data here.
Thank you so much! I love colorful food!