Super quick and yummy! Cooks Illustrated is my source 😉
- Heat your oven to 500 degrees and place a rack at the lowest level.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place it on the bottom rack.
- I used Sockeye Salmon with the skin, and cut a 1 and 1/3 pound filet into 4 pieces
- Pat dry with paper towel
- Cut 4 diagonal slits in the skin of each piece, but don’t cut through to the flesh
- Rub all sides with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt
- Lower the oven temperature to 275 degrees
- Place the salmon skin side down on the hot baking sheet
- Bake 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees, or to your preference
- Voila! Serve at once!