Jan Doty shared this colorful salad at a dinner party and I’ve made it three times this month! It’s a tart dressing added to lettuce, toasted nuts, sweet dried fruits and creamy goat cheese crumbles. Love it!
- In a food processor pulse and chop together:
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons sugar
- Remove 1/2 of the mix and place in a bowl
- Add to the processor:
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Process till smooth and then slowly drizzle in:
1/2 cup olive oil
- Add the olive oil mix to the reserved cranberries and stir
- Season with salt and pepper
- To assemble the salads layer the following:
Red leaf lettuce or a colorful mix of lettuce
Goat cheese crumbles, purchase pre-crumbled
Dried cranberries and blueberries
Toasted nuts such as walnuts, almonds or pecans
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad
- An alternative is to combine and toss all the ingredients in a large serving bowl
This quantity serves about 10 or so.
That sounds delightful. I just bought myself a Ninja system for Christmas and anxious to try it out! Thanks for sharing.
Guess what? I got a Ninja for Christmas too! Let me know how it goes!
This was the best salad. We had it with our Crown Roast Pork with sausage and mushroom stuffing for Christmas dinner. The tart dressing was a perfect complement to the pork.
Super! This salad is a winner!