Thank you Mary Ann Anschutz for this recipe!
12 raw and shelled or cooked and shelled jumbo shrimp
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Splash of sherry
Salt and Pepper
3 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Grate the rind and squeeze the juice from 2 limes; reserve the other limes for later and cut into wedges.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink and begin to curl.
- Mix in the lime rind, juice and sherry. Stir together.
- Transfer to a serving dish and season lightly with salt (optional) and pepper.
- Add parsley and reserved limes cut in wedges for squeezing over the shrimp at the table.
Nutrition Notes: shrimp contain 100 mg cholesterol/serving but because it is also low in fat and saturated fat it can be enjoyed on a low cholesterol diet. When finishing with salt, use the flaked sea salt because you can visualize & limit it more easily. You can also enjoy the flavors of the other minerals in the sea salt.