A spicey rich cranberry sauce from CookingLight.com which we loved this Thanksgiving!
- YIELD: 10 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
1. Combine all ingredients except cranberries in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries; simmer 12 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill (mixture will thicken as it chills).