Marissa Moore posted this recipe on Instagram and I’ve made it several times. Everyone loves it! It’s tasty, easy and fun to eat. It’s also a very forgiving recipe. It works out well with varying proportions of cauliflower and cheese. You like things more cheesy, add more cheese. You like things less cheesy, add less.
Prep time is less than 5 minutes plus 15 minutes baking time. It’s hard to make anything faster! You can quickly put them together just before serving or make them a day or two ahead and then reheat in the microwave.
Here’s what you need. I like Turkish oregano, but season with whatever you like.
Combine all ingredients
- In a medium bowl combine these ingredients with a spoon:
10 oz package Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower (about 2.5 cups)
8 oz package grated cheddar or Mexican cheese (about 2 cups)
1 tablespoon oregano
- Spray a vegetable oil into mini muffin tins for 24 or so
- Fill each muffin tin to the top
- You may sprinkle a little extra cheese on top if you like. Try shaved Parmesan or whatever you like
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Run a knife around the edges of each muffin and pop out of their containers.
Use 1/2 the amount of cheese if you want. Keep all the other ingredients the same. Your number of muffins will be less. They are more like a crustless quiche or tiny frittata.
Have fun and let me know how it goes!