This recipe is from Half Baked Harvest, my favorite food blogger! It’s easy, simple and quick!
Make a marinade with pesto for the chicken. Skewer it with tomatoes. Grill. Serve on a platter with burrata, mini mozzarella balls and more pesto marinade. Tieghan serves it with grilled bread, but it’s also yummy on pasta!
To see more photos of this dish and to read more about it go to http://HalfBakedHarvest.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes or more
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Salt, pepper, and chili flakes
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces burrata or more
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls or more
- To make marinade in a small jar combine pesto, balsamic vinegar, honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Cover and shake it up!
- In a medium bowl combine half the marinade and the chicken. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix well.
- In another small bowl combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper
- Thread the chicken and tomatoes on skewers. Grill over medium high heat till chicken is just done and tomatoes slightly char. Don’t over cook! Grill just a few minutes to the internal temperature of 160 degrees F. No higher!!
- Break open the burrata onto a platter. Add mozzarella balls and then the chicken and tomatoes on or off the skewers. Drizzle remaining marinade over it all. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic if you want. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Top with torn basil leaves.
- Serve with thick slices of grilled bread. Spread and pile the toppings on the bread or pasta