Wholefoodbellies.com shared this recipe and we love it! It’s quick to put together and does not require complicated baking skills. I changed it up a bit by adding blueberry preserves in between 2 layers of batter. Also I substituted cashew butter for the applesauce. It would also be tasty to add some shredded coconut to the mix!
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cashew butter or applesauce ( I used cashew butter…yum)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup blueberry preserves (homemade or Bonne Maman brand)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8×8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl whisk together yogurt, milk, cashew butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and eggs
- Add the wet mix to the dry until just blended. Fold in dried blueberries
- Pour half of the batter into the baking pan. Smooth out evenly
- Spread the preserves over the batter evenly
- Pour remaining batter over preserves in spoonfuls. Spread out evenly
- Bake about 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool another 30 minutes or so
- Store in the frig or freezer for a later time or cut into squares after cooling
- 28 rectangular bars are a nice size. They cut especially well if very cold or frozen
Voila! Enjoy this easy healthy snack or breakfast bar!