As long as your skillet is HOT before you add the oil or butter, it will not stick too much. If you want to be sure, use a nonstick skillet.This recipe is taken from Cooking Light 2014. I have changed very little to this recipe. Although I did not add the parsley.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
1/3 cup diced shallots or onion
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1/4-1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (a delish addition)
1/4 cup lowfat milk
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons butter
1 ounce pecorino Romano cheese grated (1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, optional
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat an 8 or 10 inch ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat.
- Add corn and shallots; stir and sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and smoked paprika.
- Saute 1 minute and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, remaining salt and pepper and milk.
- Add corn mixture to eggs and stir.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Return pan to medium heat and add butter and swirl to melt.
- Add egg mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute without stirring.
- Gently slide pan back and forth to keep eggs from sticking.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs.
- Place under the broiler to finish cooking 1-2 minutes until eggs are just set and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley.