Fish and Vegetables Baked in Parchment
I love to experiment with parchment packets of fish, veggies and flavors. It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Here is my latest based on a recipe from Cooking Light.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Take 2 pieces of parchment paper measuring about 15 x 23 inches.
- Fold each piece in half and draw in half of a heart shape, using most of the paper. Cut shape and unfold.
- Place a six-ounce fish fillet on one side of each heart shape. I use cod or swai. Any fish will work. Salt and pepper fillets on both sides.
- Julienne slice 1 1/2 cups vegetables such as red pepper, carrot, and another veggie like snow peas, leeks or shallots.
- Place half the vegetables over each fillet.
- In a small bowl combine: 1 1/2 tablespoons softened butter, 1 teaspoon lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed, chopped.
- With a small spatula, place 1/2 of the butter mix over the vegetables.
- Place a stem of dill over the butter if you like.
Packets Ready for Folding
- Wrap up the parchment packets as follows: Bring remaining half of paper over the fish. Double-Fold the raw edges together tightly to seal, starting at the top and working your way down. At the bottom, twist the tail to tighten the seal.
- Place packets on a baking sheet. For more folding instructions and photos, see the link below.
- Bake 15 minutes. Serve in the packets on plates.
Ready for Serving!
For step by step photos on folding these packets go to: