- In a small saucepan bring 1/2 inch water to a boil.
- This recipe works for 1-6 large, extra-large or jumbo eggs. Eggs must be taken straight from the frig to the boiling water!
- Place 2 eggs in the boiling water and cover. Leave on medium high heat and boil 6 1/2 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the cover and move the saucepan to the sink. Run cold water over the eggs in the saucepan for 30 seconds.
- Take the eggs out of the water.
- Use the side of a teaspoon or the dull side of a butter knife to tap with one big stroke the side of the top 1/4 to 1/3 of the egg.
- After this scoring, break open the egg with your fingers. Scoop egg out with a teaspoon into your serving bowl. You may prefer to eat the egg straight from the shell, but you’ll need one eggcup to hold each egg.