Cauliflower can be cooked alone, as I did here, or with other white vegetables such as potato, parsnip, or turnip. Cauliflower is a low carb replacement for mashed potatoes. I serve Cauliflower Mash with Cremini Mushroom Meat Loaf and with Coconut Curry (Chicken (seen below) or Fish) and with Roasted Chicken (seen above)
- Wash an entire head of cauliflower.
- With a paring knife cut away from the core, using as much of the cauliflower as you can and even the core chopped in smaller pieces.
- Place the large cauliflower pieces into 1 inch of boiling water and cover.
- Simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well and mash.
- With a stick blender puree, adding 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 Tablespoons heavy cream.